Current and Recent Student Research
- Characterizing the American Ecodesign Approach - Celeste Malvar – Stewart
- Design for Disassembly - Dana Harder
- Consumer needs in athletic women's wear - Penelope Frenette
- Experiential Retailing: Extraordinary Store Environments and Purchase Behavior- Alana Garvin
- Industry inconsistencies in women's apparel sizing and the effect on perceived body image - Nicole L. Weidner
- Women's comfort intimate apparel made from nonwoven polyurethane - Peisy Alamsjah
- Embedding Aromatherapy essential oils into various textiles using ß-cyclodextrin inclusion complex - Natalie Rae Reynolds
- Ultrasonic seaming of spectra, PET, polyester/cotton blend fabrics – Renuka Reddy
- A comparative study of polylactic (acid) and polyethylene terepthalate woven fabrics in women's apparel and garment analysis - Jocelyn Goodell
- Etextiles/ Ecotextiles - Caroline Chiohh
- Clothing to maintain comfort using thermo - Regulating Fabric - Prasad. S. Bhatkhande
- Development of Eco- friendly "flame retardant fabric using spiro - cyclic Pentaerythroil diphosphoryl chloride chemistry" - Vikas. P. Joshi
Current Faculty Research
- New developments in bulletproof vests for comfort and safety (Medical Research Grant) - Dr. Subhas Ghosh , Program Coordinator
- Biological Agents/Distinctive Fabrics (DOD Grant) - Dr. Subhas Ghosh, assisted by graduate and undergraduate students working under his supervision
- New developments in digital printing & Jacquard weaving for innovative fabric design- Cathryn Amidei, Assistant Professor
- Sangeetha Yadav received EMU Garduate Thesis Award for 2009.
-School of Technology Studies (STS), Eastern Michigan University
is searching for a post doctoral fellow to conduct research in textile science.
Candidate must have knowledge in Synthesis and Polymerization.
Contact Professor Ghosh if interested at 734-487-2476 or at